Fun Facts About Sammamish
- The Sammamish Plateau appears to be a peaceful, forested retreat just minutes from Bellevue, Redmond and Seattle.
- Home values have remained relatively stable over the past year.
- Some parts of the Plateau look like a scenic country drive dotted with large estates and farm-style homes on acreage with horses, and many residents report seeing deer, raccoons, bobcats, and even the occasional bear.
- Residents say it is the amenities that set the area apart and make it a unique place to live.
- There is a skateboard park, climbing wall and basketball court just across the parking lot as part of the Sammamish Commons, a 30-acre site owned by the city that also includes wetlands and hiking trails.
- The Sammamish Plateau is high, reaching an elevation of 615 feet at its highest point.
- Known for its world-class golf courses, including Sahalee and Aldarra, the Sammamish Plateau also has attracted acclaim for its livability and schools.
- County: King
- Mayor: Karen Moran
- Elevation: 540 ft.
- Population Estimate (2018): 65,733