The Seattle Times Real Estate – The Seattle Times Read the latest news about residential and commercial real estate in the Seattle area and Pacific Northwest.
- WA Supreme Court sides with Inslee in challenge to eviction moratoriumby Heidi Groover on September 28, 2023 at 10:07 pm
Landlords sued Gov. Jay Inslee, alleging he violated the law when he barred certain evictions in the wake of the pandemic.
- The average long-term US mortgage rate reaches highest point in nearly 23 years, hitting 7.31%by ALEX VEIGA on September 28, 2023 at 4:09 pm
Home loan borrowing costs climbed again this week, pushing the average long-term U.S. mortgage rate to its highest level in nearly 23 years, another blow to prospective homebuyers facing an increasingly less affordable housing market.
- Seattle OKs zoning changes hoping to attract more downtown housingby Heidi Groover on September 26, 2023 at 11:56 pm
Zoning changes will soon allow residential towers up to 440 feet tall along Third Avenue, where storefronts are currently boarded up.
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers while building real estate empireby MICHAEL R. SISAK on September 26, 2023 at 8:24 pm
A judge has ruled that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House.
- Seattle’s bid to replace downtown retail with housing triggers debateby Heidi Groover on September 26, 2023 at 2:19 am
A controversial city proposal would allow taller apartment towers near Third Avenue and Pine Street in downtown Seattle.