The Seattle Times Real Estate – The Seattle Times Read the latest news about residential and commercial real estate in the Seattle area and Pacific Northwest.
- US Housing Market Cools With Prices Down 2.5% From Peak in Juneby Prashant Gopal on January 31, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Prices are still higher than a year ago as homeowners benefit from the ripple effects of the pandemic boom, but growth has been slowing thanks to higher mortgage rates.
- Inslee wants WA to borrow $4B to build housing and shelter. How would that work?by Claire Withycombe on January 30, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Inslee is calling for borrowing $4 billion over six years. In the proposal's current form, if lawmakers say yes, the matter heads to voters.
- They poured their savings into homes that were never builtby Agnes Chang and Isabelle Qian on January 28, 2023 at 8:10 pm
To Tang Chao, the apartment in northeast China was where he and his wife were going to start a new life together.
- WA bills seek to cap rent hikes and register rentals, landlords objectby Heidi Groover on January 27, 2023 at 6:03 pm
Along with proposals to allow denser development, lawmakers are considering landlord-tenant bills that offer relief to constituents struggling to stay housed.
- Average long-term mortgage rate at lowest level in 4 monthsby MATT OTT on January 26, 2023 at 5:01 pm
The average long-term U.S. mortgage rate fell to its lowest level in more than four months, giving some relief to homebuyers faced with higher prices for just about everything, including homes.